Hello

Media Arts | 1081106368

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Crit 02 : Just Scripting, Chilling

Havent got the xml add/update part working yet. Flash AS3 is read-only so there's no way to insert new data into my XML file. Would need to use fileSystem class in AIR.

Here's the code so far ( it's messy. will sort it out later. noob programmer at best ) on Pastie


( script won't display for some reason so go here )

For the audio recording part, the exhibition room will most definitely be noisy. But I played a little bit with cardioid mics and I dont think noise will be a problem since these mics only capture sound from one direction, coming from the user.

I even tried the cheap 'Guitar Hero' mic from a friend's 360 and it worked quite well with recording even with music playing in the background. Will do a couple more experiment with shotgun mics from my friend's drumset since it is highly directional but i dont think it is best for vocals. Would probably stick with a Shure mic we have here for the best outcome.

The built-in mic on my webcam sucked, it captures noise from all over lol ( since its omni )

No comments:

Post a Comment